- Decacorn are private firms whose value exceeded over ten billion USD.
- They are startup companies. They are valued for their potential growth and not for their financial performance.
When a company is not called decacorn?
- A company that is acquired by another company cannot be called Decacorn.
- For instance, the value of Flipkart is more than 10 billion USD. However, Walmart has acquired Flipkart. So Flipkart cannot be called Decacorn.
- A government company cannot be called Decacron.
Interesting Facts about Decacoon
- In 2007, Facebook became the first decacorn in the world. It became a decacorn after Microsoft invested 240 million USD in Facebook.
- Alibaba of China was the second decacorn. It achieved the status in 2009.
- Currently, there are around 51 decacorns in the world.
- A company can also lose the decacorn tag if its valuation drops below 10 Billion USD.
What is the difference between Unicorn, Decacron and Hectocorn?
- Unicorn is a Company with a value of more than 1 billion USD
- Decacorn is a Company with a value of more than 10 billion USD
- Hectocorn is a Company with a value of more than 100 billion USD.
- It is important to note that all these are privately held companies and are not listed on the stock market.
Latest News about Exercise Paschim Lehar:
- Recently, Swiggy becomes decacorn, valuation crosses $10.7 bn in new funding round.
- It became the fourth Indian company to earn the tag. The other three companies are Paytm, Oyo, and Byjus.