Delhi Model Virtual School
- Delhi Model Virtual School is an online platform, which will conduct completely online classes.
- It will help the students to complete their studies without visiting the school.
- Any student from India can apply on the website www.dmvs.ac.in and get enrolled.
- DMVS will be affiliated with the Delhi Board of School Education (DBSE) and no fees will be charged to students.
- The classes will be conducted through an exclusive platform built by SchoolNet and Google.
Key Features of Virtual School
- This school will have special teachers who are trained to take online classes and aims to increase the enrollment ratio, especially for those who do not have access to physical schools.
- The platform will also provide students access to a huge digital library, and the content will available 24×7.
- Any person who has studied at least up to class 8 from a registered school and is in the age group of 13 to 18 years can apply for admission to class 9 in this virtual school.
- The school will offer online classes including virtual lectures, recorded and live lectures, and skill-based courses.
- Apart from regular online classes, students will also be provided coaching for competitive exams, such as JEE and NEET, in classes 11 and 12.
- There will be no option for physical classes in this school, it will be completely virtual.
- Apart from this, another great feature will be that if you miss class, or you are not able to take a class someday, then you will also be able to see the recording.
Aim of the virtual school
- This school was started with the aim of providing education to
- the begging children on the streets,
- children from remote villages who do not have proper schools, and
- girls from socially disadvantaged backgrounds living outside their neighbourhoods.
- This school will give opportunities to all those students who are not able to access education.
Significance of Delhi Model Virtual School
- This initiative will be one step closer to bringing education accessible to all and achieving SDG Goal 4 – Quality Education.
- Recently, the Delhi government has started the “Delhi Model Virtual School” to provide opportunities to the students of the National Capital Region and beyond.