- Jordan is a Middle Eastern country located in the Arabian Peninsula.
- It shares its land border with Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Israel and parts of Palestine (West Bank).
- Al-Aqabah, the only port of Jordan, provides a short coastline to Jordan at the Gulf of Aqaba (Red Sea).
Geographical Features of Jordan
- Biggest River: River Jordan, draining into the Dead Sea (located on Jordan’s Western border).
- Highest and Lowest Point: Jabal Umm ad Dami (1,854 m) and Dead Sea (-420 m).
- 20-May-2022: Amid challenges to fertilizers, India and Jordan have signed a current year and long term MoUs for assured fertilizer supply to India.