- A kamikaze drone is an unmanned aerial vehicle that is designed to self-destruct after serving its purpose.
- It is also called a suicide drone or, more formally, a loitering munition,
- They can hover around the target area for some time (much longer than a cruise missile) and attack only once a target is located.
- It may also feature a built-in warhead or payload, which is intended to detonate during the engagement.
Latest News about Kamikaze drone
- 11 April 2023:
- Iran recently tested a homemade long-range, high-precision kamikaze drone named Meraj-532, equipped with a 50-kg warhead.