- Kudremukh Range is located in the Western Ghats in the Chikmagalur district of Karnataka.
- It is also known as the Horse Face Range because of its similarity to the face of a horse.
- The literal meaning of Kudremukh in Kannada is horse-faced. It got its name from its main peak, Kudremukh Peak (1892 metres).
- Kudremukh National Park, the second largest wildlife protected area in the Western Ghats, is located in these ranges.
- These broad hills overlook the Arabian Sea and are connected by deep valleys and sharp cliffs.
- It is believed that Kudremukh served as a landmark for sailors on the western coast for over 2000 years.
Latest news about Kudremukh Range
- 20 April 2023:
- Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Limited (KIOCL) recently sought post-facto approval for submerging 700 acres of forest in the Kudremukh Range at the heart of Western Ghats about 20 years ago.