- Mahi River rises in the Vindhyan range in the Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh.
- The total length of Mahi is 583 km.
- Mahi is one of the major interstate west-flowing rivers of India, like Narmada and Tapti.
- The Mahi basin extends over the states of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Gujarat.
- Vadodara is the only important urban centre in the basin.
- Mahi River cuts the tropic of cancer twice.
- It drains into the Arabian Sea through the Gulf of Khambhat.
- It drains an area of 34,862 sq km.
- It is bounded by
- Aravalli hills on the north and the north-west,
- Malwa Plateau on the east,
- The Vindhyas on the south, and
- The Gulf of Khambhat on the west.
- The main tributaries are Som, Anas and Panam.
- Hydro Power stations are Mahi Bajaj Sagar Dam, Kadana Dam, and Wanakbori Dam (Weir).