National Cancer Grid
- The National Cancer Grid (NCG) is an initiative of the Department of Atomic Energy and Tata Memorial Centre.
- Its main objective is to create a network of cancer centres, research institutes, patient groups and charitable institutions across India for uniformity in standards, training and facilities.
New technologies being adopted:
- Telemedicine and remote patient monitoring will help make care more accessible, especially in semi-urban and rural areas.
- AI-assisted clinical decision support tools will help improve doctors’ ability to provide better care
- Mobile patient engagement apps will help patients with medication management and better compliance with care guidelines.
- The use of healthcare data analytics across hospitals will enable tracking and benchmarking of clinical outcomes and the effectiveness of different treatment and care pathways.
Why in news?
- The National Cancer Grid (NCG) has established the Koita Centre for Digital Oncology (KCDO) to promote the use of digital technologies and tools to improve cancer care across India.