- National Park is an area that can be notified by the state government.
- It can be within a sanctuary or not.
- An area is notified as National Park because of its ecological, faunal, floral, geomorphological, or zoological association or importance.
- It is needed for the purpose of protecting & propagating or developing wildlife therein or its environment.
- No human activity is permitted inside the national park except for the ones permitted by the Chief Wildlife Warden of the state under the conditions given in the wildlife protection Act 1972.