- Ramakrishna Math is the administrative legal organization of the Ramakrishna Order, considered part of the Hindu reform movements.
- It was set up by sannyasin disciples of Ramakrishna Paramhansa headed by Swami Vivekananda at various places in India.
- Ramakrishna Math in various sectors such as education, libraries, health care, nursing, rural development, and leprosy awareness and rehabilitation.
- The first Math was established at Baranagar.
- In 1899, another ‘math’ was started at Belur, which became the central ‘math’.
- It looks after the organization and working of all ‘maths’ spread all over India and even outside it.
- It is also the educational centre of the saints of the Ramakrishna Mission.
Latest News about Ramakrishna Math
- 13 April 1919:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the 125th-anniversary celebration of Sri Ramakrishna Math at Vivekananda House in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.