- Sahariya tribe is an ethnic group in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- They are also known as Saharia, Sahar, or Sehariya.
- They are classified as a Particularly vulnerable tribal group (PVTG) and are found in Rajasthan, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, and Assam.
- They speak the Munda language that belongs to the Austro-Asiatic language family.
- They use the “slash and burn” method of cultivation along hill slopes.
Latest News about the Sahariya tribe
- Food inflation has made the Sahariyas extremely vulnerable.