Saint George Cross
- Saint George Cross is the red cross on a white background.
- It is named after a Christian Warrior Saint who is believed to have been a crusader during the third crusade.
- This cross also serves as the flag of England.
- Indian naval ensign used to have Saint George’s Cross. In a bid to do away with the “colonial past”, the Saint George’s Cross has been removed from the Indian Navy’s new flag.
Latest News about Saint George Cross
- 02 September 2022: Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a new ensign (nishaan) for the Indian Navy during the event to mark the commissioning of INS Vikrant in Kochi.