Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO)
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) is under the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- It is a Central Drug Authority for discharging functions assigned to Central Government under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act.
- Under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, CDSCO is responsible for:
- Approval of Drugs, Conduct of Clinical Trials, Laying down standards for Drugs, and Control over the quality of imported Drugs in the country.
- Coordination of activities of State Drug Control Organizations by providing expert advice.
Latest news about Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO)
- 21/01/2023: At least 70 samples of commonly used drugs were found to be of sub-standard quality by CDSCO after the latest round of inspections.