- China is the world’s most populated country located in Eastern Asia.
- It is the third-largest country in the world by area.
- The Largest city is shanghai and the capital city is Beijing.
Interesting Facts about China:
- It owns all of the pandas in the world.
- About 70% of cell phones are manufactured here.
- It has only one time zone even though it is one of the largest countries in the world.
- The first artificially reproduced human tooth was created in this country.
- Toilet paper came from this country. Only the emperor was allowed to use it.
- The favourite hobby for the majority of people is stamp collecting.
- Giant pandas, Chinese paddlefish, and giant salamanders live in the wild only in China.
- unlike the rest of the world, White is the mourning colour in the country.
- More than 35 million people still live in caves.
- It shares borders with Mongolia, Russia, North Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, India, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan.
- Its major rivers are the Huang He, the Yangtze, and the Xi.
- The country is a single-party people’s republic with one legislative house.
- The chief of state is the president, and the head of government is the premier.
- The Han or the ethnic Chinese makeup more than 90 per cent of the population.
- The national animal of the country is the Giant Panda.
- The national sport of the country is Table Tennis.
Quick Facts & Data:
Area: 3,696,100 sq mi (9,572,900 sq km).
Population: 1,304,369,000 (2005 est.)
Official name: People’s Republic of China
Languages: dialects of Han Chinese, Mandarin being the most important.
Religions: traditional beliefs, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Daoism (all legally sanctioned).
Currency: Renminbi (of which the unit is the yuan).