- e-Prosecution portal is part of the interoperable Criminal Justice system.
- ICJS links and enables the seamless transfer of data and information among different pillars of the criminal justice system.
- The module is to ensure the timely disposal of criminal cases.
- It comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The portal has added a new feature that will also fix the accountability of government lawyers.
- The system will send alerts to senior officers whenever a public prosecutor seeks a stay in a criminal case more than twice.
- The government has implemented the module in 751 prosecution districts and is working on software configuration for the remaining 153 districts.
Latest News about the e-Prosecution portal
- 17 April 2023:
- The Ministry of Home Affairs in India has added a new feature to its e-prosecution portal that aims to ensure the timely disposal of criminal cases and fix the accountability of government lawyers.