National Panchayat Awards
- National Panchayat Awards were given to the best-performing Panchayats by assessing their performance in the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- These annual awards were first instituted in 2011.
Categories of National Panchayat Awards 2023
The Awardee Panchayats under various categories of National Panchayat Awards–2023 namely,
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Satat Vikas Puraskar(DDUPSVP) for the performance under individual LSDG themes,
- Nanaji Deshmukh Sarvottam Panchayat Satat Vikas Puraskar(NDSPSVP) for the aggregate performance under all 9 LSDG themes and green initiative-related Special Categories.
- Gram Urja Swaraj Vishesh Panchayat Puraskar.
- Carbon Neutral Vishesh Panchayat Puraskar.
- During the event Union Minister of Rural Development launched the GS NIRNAY, a mobile application of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- NIRNAY means National Initiative for Rural India to Navigate, InnovAte and Resolve PanchaYat decisions.
- It is aimed at empowering rural communities during the National Conference.
- It provides easy access to critical information discussed during a Gram Sabha.
- It will be a game-changer for rural communities in India by acting as a means of verification of facts.
- This would bring in more transparency and increase efficiency in the functioning of Panchayats, which play a vital role in decentralized participatory democracy.
- It is a significant step towards realizing the vision of ‘Minimum Government, Maximum Governance’ at the grassroots level.
- It is expected to accelerate the pace of rural transformation to achieve the vision of Gram Swaraj laid down by Mahatma Gandhi.
- 20 April 2023:
- The President of India recently presented the National Panchayat Awards and inaugurated the National Conference on Incentivization of Panchayats in New Delhi.