- Chamundi Hills is located in the city of Mysore, Karnataka.
- The average elevation is 1,060 meters.
- The famous Sri Chamundeshwari Temple dedicated to the Hindu goddess Chamundeshwari is situated on top of Chamundi hills.
- In the earlier days, the Hill was identified as ‘Mahabaladri’ in honour of God Shiva who resides in the ‘Mahabaleswara Temple’. This is the oldest temple on the hills.
- These hills have been mentioned in the ancient Hindu scriptures such as ‘Skanda Purana’.
Latest news about Chamundi Hills
- 21/01/2023: The citizens’ committee to save Chamundi Hills and its environment has resolved to press for clearance from the heritage committee before the implementation of development works at the hilltop under the Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASHAD).