Sri Chamundeshwari Temple
- Sri Chamundeshwari Temple is dedicated to the Goddess Chamundeshwari (Chamundi), the deity of the Mysore Royal Family.
- This temple is about 1000 steps from the foot of the Chamundi hills.
- It is built in the Dravidian style of temple architecture.
- The temple has a quadrangular structure.
- It has an impressive seven-tier tower called ‘gopuram’ or ‘gopura’ and an equally imposing entrance which is known as ‘dwara’.
Latest news about Sri Chamundeshwari Temple
- The citizens’ committee to save Chamundi Hills and its environment has resolved to press for clearance from the heritage committee before the implementation of development works at the hilltop under the Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASHAD).